Sunday, November 15, 2009

Family Cont....

Getting back to my family. My father well adopted father is from Fujua, China. He came to the States during the 70's. He worked odd jobs making ends meet growing flowers and vegetables in Sunnyvale with his Uncle. He lived in San Francsico's China Town district where he payed 300 a month in rent and 175 a month to park his car which I thought was pretty funny.
His  break finally came when he figured out how to sell the flowers and vegatbles that he grew in the San Francisco Flower Market.  Since he was well acquainted with the customers at the Flower Market they felt very comfortable buying flowers from a young chinese immigrant. His business flourished enabling him to buy property in Morgan Hill equipped with green houses and also allowed him to sponsor family members to come state side. He has no more than a 7th grade education but also turned his fortune all around and startd buying property at an early age. His best friend who lived with his family while younger lent him his initial down payment for his first house. Ever since I was a young high school kid my chinese dad has always told me to buy property and to start a business with my brother.
There is no way I will ever be able to re-pay my chinese family for what they have done for me. However, i thnk them as much as I can and alwas go out of my way to help whenever possible. I always tell him that one day I will have a Benz for him and he just laughs but I now in the back of his head he knows I'm very serious. I have always called him dad even when in China Town. As many people observe and some have rebuted that we are related he has always called me his son. Through the many important members or represantives i have meet from China his still refers to me as his son, and for that I feel very honored.

Even when my background investigator came to interview him at the family home. The investigator asked what is your relationship with Jimmy and my Dad says "he is my son" the investigator had to ask again but he said "really sir how do you know Jimmy and what is your relationship to him" Luckily there was some one there to translate for him and he finally laughingly answered the question over a Budweiser with the gentleman. Over the years my dad always tells me how his family took care of his best friend and that faily is the most important thing. He also tells me "No money no honey" which refers to not having a job don't get a girlfried cause they cost to damn much.

Vocab Words
rebut-to deny
rebuff-a blunt or abrupt objection

No comments:

Post a Comment