Monday, November 30, 2009

THE DAYS AFTER THANKSGIVING....

So the the Thanksgiving Holiday has come and gone. Many people think it is a time for family and to give thanks I on the otherhand beg to differ. I usually try to travel for my Thanksgiving Holday usually electing to headback to the midwest to watch Colorado play Nebraska or the watch the Kansas City Chiefs play. However, this year I went to the east coast to see my old college roomatte and best friend. I also took my girl-friend with me, we had an awesome time. New York City might be one of my favorite destinations within the United States. There is so much to do and so much to see. I love the Meat Packing District which has been turned into nice bars and nightclubs. The East Village which is ever so trendy since lil ole John Mayer walks around there now is to damn expensive. It is where the orginal Coyote Ugly bar is located. Drink are overpriced and the people suck. The people are the types who will throw their shoulder into you and then turn around and blame you, for running into them. I really dislike people like that and there has been a few different times I felt like tackle them in the middle of the street. There is one od place about the Village that may get overlooked. It is the 20 dollar all you can eat and drink sushi restuarant. I love some Asahi and Saki especailly with my bestfriend you cannot beat that.

The reason I tend to travel over the holidays is my family. My family is a little psycho, I can take them on a one on one basis but all together is fucking chaos. So I remove myself from the petty arguments, drama and other bullshit activities that take place. Many people do not seem to get why I would leave on a holiday. However, there is one person who likes to do the same thing, LA PROFESORA! Sitting in class one day I over heard her say how she does not like to spend time with her sisters over the holidays due to all the bullshit that takes place. I was thinking finally some one feels the same way I do.Many people tend to think of it as a selfish act however they have never meet my family.

VOCAB WORDS...
DROSS- TAKEN FROM METAL ONCE IT IS MELTED, IT IS A WASTER PRODUCT
DOGMATIC- OPIONIATED, SOME ONE WHO HAS A SHARES THEIR OPINION

No comments:

Post a Comment